I can not search exhibits


I configured the setting for the search to Exhibits only and re-indexed.

I left it for a while then I tried to conduct a search for the title for one of the exhibits, but 0 results.

This in the admin dashboard, so not related to my theme.

How to debug this or tell if index happen? it is my first time to work with search in Omeka


My first guess is that the search terms are common enough that MySql ignores them. This is a known thing, where if a term occurs in many records, it unfortunately gets ignored in the indexing.

I do not think so, it is a very Unique title.

How can I tell if the Exhibits are get indexed? where can I see the results?

I am trying to understand how the index and search works in Omeka.

The most direct way to check, if you have access to the database, is to look at the search_texts table to make sure that ExhibitPages are listed under the record_types column.


That was helpful, I see items, collections, exhibit pages all are indexed in the search_texts db table except Exhibit.

Only one Exhibit is indexed. Nothing special about this exhibit. I am not sure why I can not index more than an Exhibit.

What else can I check to see where is the problem or if there are errors?

Appreciate the help!

I forget to mention I just upgrade to 2.6.1

More information I found by debugging,

If I saved each exhibit, I will see it indexed in the search-text table and no problem, I see the exhibit and the exhibit page indexed every time I save an exhibit.

But I think there is a problem with indexing from the search setting, I saw this in the log file:
2018-06-04T09:51:04-04:00 ERR (3): exception ‘Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception’ with message ‘Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect datetime value: ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’ for column ‘added’ at row 1’ in /www-dev/nancymou.www.lib/web/online-exhibits-2.3/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Stack trace:
#0 /web/online-exhibits-2.3/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(303): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /web/online-exhibits-2.3/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(480): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 [internal function]: Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(‘INSERT INTO om...', Array) #3 /web/online-exhibits-2.3/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(79): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /web/online-exhibits-2.3/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(255): Omeka_Db->__call('query', Array) #5 /web/online-exhibits-2.3/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(255): Omeka_Db->query('INSERT INTOom…’, Array)
#6 /web/online-exhibits-2.3/application/libraries/Omeka/Record/AbstractRecord.php(541): Omeka_Db->insert(‘Exhibit’, Array)
#7 /web/online-exhibits-2.3/application/models/Job/SearchTextIndex.php(48): Omeka_Record_AbstractRecord->save()
#8 /web/online-exhibits-2.3/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Wrapper.php(29): Job_SearchTextIndex->perform()
#9 /web/online-exhibits-2.3/application/scripts/background.php(61): Omeka_Job_Process_Wrapper->run(Array)

and | 128 | Omeka_Job_Process_Wrapper | 78 | NULL | error | a:1:{s:3:“job”;s:103:"{“className”:“Job_SearchTextIndex”,“options”:[],“createdAt”:“2018-06-04T10:45:22-04:00”,“createdBy”:78}";} | 2018-06-04 10:45:22 | 2018-06-04 10:46:02 |

in the database

Never mind, I found the error in the exhibit table where the added column had corrupted data. I fixed it then the index and search worked.