How to get specific metadata to display on a site page

Hi,

When I imported my items, I imported all fields/metadata that I need plus those I may want to use in the future. I don’t want to see all these fields/metadata all the time. Depending on the site page, I would like to see certain metadata.

What I would like is to be able to see maybe 4 to 5 of fields/metadata on the Browse All Items page. Right now, I see a title, description and a thumbnail for each item. I would like to modify what I see here.

As well, when clicking on an item from the browse page, a page opens with all the metadata for that item. There’s some metadata that’s not necessary to display at this time. Also, can a larger, clickable image be displayed on this page instead of a thumbnail and the URL to the image?

Can someone please point me in the right direction as to how to add and remove metadata on different pages? Can this be done in the software or does it need to be coded?

Thanks in advance!

The Hide Properties module allows you to choose properties that should not be displayed when showing “all” the metadata for an item.

We don’t currently have any particularly simple methods for varying what’s shown on the admin side browse pages… on the public side this is controllable by the theme, but some coding would be required.

1 Like

Thank you @jflatnes . My LAN admin is away for a few days, so once he gets back, I’ll ask him to install the Hide Properties module.

The public side is what I am concerned about. I would like only specific fields to display depending on what page a user is viewing.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by the public side being controlled by the theme. Can you give me some more details please? I am currently using the default theme, but can change to another one if that would give me more flexibility. Also, how do I find the pages where I can update the code?

Thanks again.

Hi,

@jflatnes, as you suggested, I have gotten the Hide Properties module installed. I’m going to have a look at it today to see how it works.

I still have some questions though, if you can help please:

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by the public side being controlled by the theme. Can you give me some more details please? I am currently using the default theme, but can change to another one if that would give me more flexibility. Also, how do I find the pages where I can update the code?

Thanks so much!

Introductory information on the code site of themes is available here: https://omeka.org/s/docs/developer/themes/introduction/

1 Like