How can I get rid of "Sort by" text on the Browse page?

How can I get rid of this text on the Browse page? I don’t need it.

Sort by: Title Creator Date Added

And can I change the URL name of my archive from “/cms” to something intuitive like “/archive”? Thank you!

Are you sure you want to remove it? Those links provide the option for users to change the sorting order of the browse results.

If you want to, you should be able to get rid of that by either editing your theme (the items/browse.php file) to remove the <div id="sort-links"> element and its contents, or by changing CSS either in the theme or something like the CSS Editor plugin, to hide the element #sort-links.

Hi @jflatnes, thanks for these tips. Yes, I’d like to remove those search options because I don’t think they’re helpful for my content. If I remove them with my CSS Editor plugin, what exactly do I write?

Something like:

#sort-links { display: none; }

should work to hide that text.

Thank you, @jflatnes! It took me a while to get back to work on my Archive. Your solution was perfect!

Do you have an answer to my 2nd question?

– Can I change the URL name of my archive from “/cms” to something intuitive like “/archive”?

That front path is just based on what you named the Omeka folder, and you can just move it to any other name by renaming the folder.

You might need to go and re-do your navigation in the Navigation admin settings if you do move it, as some path stuff like that will get saved there.

Hi @jflatnes, when I rename that folder, the new URL doesn’t work. I get this error message: “Oops! It looks like nothing was found at this location, please check the address and try again!”

I have no problem renaming other folders and linking to them.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.