How can I change the URL name of my Collection?

How can I change the URL name of my Collection? It was automatically given the name “collection=9.” I’m using the Emiglio theme. Please see here…

https://topangahistoricalsociety.org/archive/items/browse?collection=9

That’s because 9 is the id assigned to the record representing that specific Collection.

When you say you’d like to change the bame, what do you exactly mean (i.e., what’s the name you would like for that Collection)?

Hi @DanieleB! Instead of 9, could I use “collection=1980,” for example, so that the ID would mean something? Or could I rename this “collection=beach”?

I know there’s a plugin (Archive Repertory) that would allow you to do something similar with Items, but I personally don’t know anything that can help you with Collections, I’m afraid.

Okay, thanks for your time.

You can do this with @Daniel_KM 's CleanURL plugin. Hasn’t been updated in a while, but should still work in classic.

1 Like

Hi @medhieval, I’ve been delaying taking your advice because I don’t like the uncertainty of “hasn’t been updated in a while, but should still work.” I don’t want to have to worry in the future that site will stop working.

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.