Hiding image title Simple Pages

I’m trying to hide title and file information that is appearing in Simple Pages as part of the image. Found a related topic but it only discussed how to do it in Neatline. Is there a setting I can change?

I should mention that the particular image I’m working with is inserted with shortcode. [items tags=logo]

(I’m also trying to figure out how to hide the page title, but maybe I need to have another topic?)

If you just want the image and nothing else, you probably want the file shortcode and not the item one.

Thank you. Any idea how to hide the page title?

Simple Pages will automatically hide the page title if a page is set to be the homepage of the site.

To get rid of the page title for other pages, you could either edit your theme to remove it entirely, or use CSS (possibly with the CSS Editor plugin) to hide it, with a style like

body.simple-page h1 { display: none; }

Hi. You’ve been so great answering my questions, I wondered if you could guide me to someone who can help with another issue. I posted the below in the forum four days ago, but think maybe I posted in the wrong place. (Omeka Classic - themes) I think this is why Connected Carousel isn’t working - I get the image thumbnails in the carousel, but not the lightbox or larger image. Instead it directs to the show page, which won’t allow to scroll to the next image. Do you know who can help? Here’s the post:

I’m trying to use Connected Carousel in the Center Row theme. Reading the documentation, it says that:
Using the carousel with an item involves modifying show.php in the theme’s items
directory and replacing the line of code that displays an image (it often looks like this)

<?php if ((get_theme_option('Item FileGallery') == 0) && metadata('item', 'has files')): ?> <?php echo files_for_item(array('imageSize' => 'fullsize')); ?> <?php endif; ?>

!
with the following:

<?php if ((get_theme_option('Item FileGallery') == 0) && metadata('item', 'has files')): ?> <?php echo $this->shortcodes(’[concarousel ids=’.metadata(‘item’,‘id’).’ center=false slides=3 showdescription=true captionposition=right width=100% float=right slideshow=false speed=2000 focus=true navigation=false navbar=false]’);?> <?php endif; ?>

If

I’m new to php - I opened the show.php in the items folder in the theme directory, but there are no lines that match the one in the example. How do I find what needs to be replaced?

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.