Full text search not searching through my items

Hello,

I have an Omeka S (latest version 3.1.1), and I have a lot of items in it. I have checked the ‘search items’ in my settings (see screenshot) and also indexed in the main settings configuration. By the way, is it normal that I check the ‘Index full-text search’ and click ‘save’, then the reloaded page has the ‘Index full-text search’ unchecked again?

When I perform a simple ‘full text’ search I keep getting 0 results, no matter what I search for. The advanced search does work.

Also, I see that the full-text indexing is amongst the ‘completed’ jobs. When I perform the simple search, even in the admin back-end, still 0 results.

Simple full-text search:

Search in the ‘advanced search’, ‘any property - contains’:

It’s normal for “index full-text search” to uncheck: checking that and saving the form just kicks of a one-time process to completely refresh the fulltext index. It’s not enabling and disabling indexing.

There are some sometimes-esoteric restrictions on how MySQL’s fulltext search works… but it doesn’t look to me like that’s the problem you’re having.

One thing to check on: are these items private or public?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, as in my screenshot, I did see that the indexing was triggered indeed.

They are public of course, just ‘normal’ items imported from a csv file. What else can I check?

OK, this might be a bug (or not, I don’t know). I deleted all the items and imported my csv again, this time assigning a template right from the start, as opposed to before when I didn’t assign a template. I can now search indeed through the items. Does it sound like a bug, or is there some other hidden meaning to this? I did assign the template to all my items after having imported them anyway before, and reindexed.

Best,
Luca

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.