Error upgrading to 3.0.1 -- FAILURE [3; /usr/bin/curl]

I’m having trouble upgrading from 2.1.2 to 3.0.1. I keep receiving this FAILURE [3; /usr/bin/curl] error. Reclaim Hosting said that looking at my error log, it seemed to be the search module that was causing an error, but deactivating / uninstalling Search resulted in the same failure. Anyone have any suggestions on how to move forward with this?

My error log looks like this:

Warning : Declaration of Search\Module::onBootstrap(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent $event) should be compatible with Omeka\Module\AbstractModule::onBootstrap(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent $event) in /home/ocomedu/odc.ocom.edu/modules/Search/Module.php on line 223

Warning : ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module’s ini settings at this time in /home/ocomedu/odc.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-session/src/Config/SessionConfig.php on line 147
Omeka S encountered an error
Laminas\Session\Exception\InvalidArgumentException
session.name’ is not a valid sessions-related ini setting.
Details:
Laminas\Session\Exception\InvalidArgumentException: ‘session.name’ is not a valid sessions-related ini setting. in /home/ocomedu/odc.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-session/src/Config/SessionConfig.php:154
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ocomedu/odc.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-session/src/Config/StandardConfig.php(265): Laminas\Session\Config\SessionConfig->setStorageOption(‘name’, ‘90a240dfb331751…’)
#1 /home/ocomedu/odc.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-session/src/Config/StandardConfig.php(113): Laminas\Session\Config\StandardConfig->setName(‘90a240dfb331751…’)
#2 /home/ocomedu/odc.ocom.edu/application/src/Mvc/MvcListeners.php(90): Laminas\Session\Config\StandardConfig->setOptions(Array)
#3 /home/ocomedu/odc.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Omeka\Mvc\MvcListeners->bootstrapSession(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#4 /home/ocomedu/odc.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(170): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#5 /home/ocomedu/odc.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Application.php(160): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEvent(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#6 /home/ocomedu/odc.ocom.edu/application/src/Mvc/Application.php(40): Laminas\Mvc\Application->bootstrap(Array)
#7 /home/ocomedu/odc.ocom.edu/index.php(19): Omeka\Mvc\Application::init(Array)
#8 {main}

I don’t know about the curl error you’re mentioning, but the other error you posted, that’s got to do with the Search module.

I think just replacing the Search module you have with a 3.0.0-compatible version will resolve that issue.

Okay, so I’m thinking that the search module was messy, but not the cause of an upgrade error. Because updating breaks the site, I decided to clone the site (so I don’t have to worry about restoring my backup); I updated the search module, cloned the site and tried upgrading, and got the same error. I also tried completely uninstalling and deleting the search module, with the same results.

I have a new error log – does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

2021-02-08T20:32:46+00:00 ERR (3): PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘item_site’ already exists in /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:41
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php(41): PDO->exec(‘CREATE TABLE it…’)
#1 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(1094): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection->exec(‘CREATE TABLE it…’)
#2 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/application/data/migrations/20200224022356_SiteItems.php(28): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->exec(‘CREATE TABLE it…’)
#3 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/application/src/Db/Migration/Manager.php(80): Omeka\Db\Migrations\SiteItems->up(Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Connection))
#4 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/application/src/Controller/MigrateController.php(38): Omeka\Db\Migration\Manager->upgrade()
#5 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(77): Omeka\Controller\MigrateController->indexAction()
#6 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#7 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(178): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#8 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractController.php(103): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#9 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/DispatchListener.php(139): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch(Object(Laminas\Http\PhpEnvironment\Request), Object(Laminas\Http\PhpEnvironment\Response))
#10 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Laminas\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#11 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(178): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#12 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Application.php(331): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#13 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/index.php(21): Laminas\Mvc\Application->run()
#14 {main}

Next Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘item_site’ already exists in /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:43
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(1094): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection->exec(‘CREATE TABLE it…’)
#1 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/application/data/migrations/20200224022356_SiteItems.php(28): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->exec(‘CREATE TABLE it…’)
#2 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/application/src/Db/Migration/Manager.php(80): Omeka\Db\Migrations\SiteItems->up(Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Connection))
#3 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/application/src/Controller/MigrateController.php(38): Omeka\Db\Migration\Manager->upgrade()
#4 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(77): Omeka\Controller\MigrateController->indexAction()
#5 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#6 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(178): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#7 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractController.php(103): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#8 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/DispatchListener.php(139): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch(Object(Laminas\Http\PhpEnvironment\Request), Object(Laminas\Http\PhpEnvironment\Response))
#9 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Laminas\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#10 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(178): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#11 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Application.php(331): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#12 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/index.php(21): Laminas\Mvc\Application->run()
#13 {main}

Next Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\TableExistsException: An exception occurred while executing ‘CREATE TABLE item_site (item_id INT NOT NULL, site_id INT NOT NULL, INDEX IDX_A1734D1F126F525E (item_id), INDEX IDX_A1734D1FF6BD1646 (site_id), PRIMARY KEY(item_id, site_id)) DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci ENGINE = InnoDB;’:

SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘item_site’ already exists in /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php:38
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DBALException.php(169): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\AbstractMySQLDriver->convertException(‘An exception oc…’, Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException))
#1 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DBALException.php(145): Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException::wrapException(Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOMySql\Driver), Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException), ‘An exception oc…’)
#2 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(1096): Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException::driverExceptionDuringQuery(Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOMySql\Driver), Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException), ‘CREATE TABLE it…’)
#3 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/application/data/migrations/20200224022356_SiteItems.php(28): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->exec(‘CREATE TABLE it…’)
#4 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/application/src/Db/Migration/Manager.php(80): Omeka\Db\Migrations\SiteItems->up(Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Connection))
#5 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/application/src/Controller/MigrateController.php(38): Omeka\Db\Migration\Manager->upgrade()
#6 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(77): Omeka\Controller\MigrateController->indexAction()
#7 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#8 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(178): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#9 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractController.php(103): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#10 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/DispatchListener.php(139): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch(Object(Laminas\Http\PhpEnvironment\Request), Object(Laminas\Http\PhpEnvironment\Response))
#11 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Laminas\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#12 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(178): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#13 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Application.php(331): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#14 /home/ocomedu/acuresearch.ocom.edu/index.php(21): Laminas\Mvc\Application->run()

When you say you uninstalled and deleted the Search module and had the same results, what results are those? Previously you talked about an error message, which shouldn’t have been the same if Search was deleted.

On your “clone”: the error you’re getting there is essentially saying the upgrade is already done, at least partially. I don’t know if you really had the upgrade partially complete, or if this is an issue of only partially restoring/cloning the database. You can resolve that particular error by deleting the table its complaining about… but I’m not sure that’s the best move. If you do have a backup you made before you started the whole upgrade process, using that may be the way to go.

Yikes! I don’t think we can restore that far back – we’ve added SO much content since the newest release and I’ve been struggling with this since like September or October. Every single time I’ve attempted to upgrade, I’ve been hit with an error that looks like this:

Upgrading: Error: 2020-10-27 15:29:54.53883200 FAILURE [3; /usr/bin/curl] https://odc.ocom.edu/migrate/index.php [http code=500]

It does this same failure on all of my Omeka installations (I have three). I had a hard time upgrading from 1.4 to 2.0 as well – I use Reclaim Hosting, and they discovered some old code in one of the database tables that was preventing the upgrade that they deleted, but couldn’t find anything wrong in this case. They suggested coming here, hoping that an Omeka expert would know the cause of the failure…

OK so that explains the “curl” error, you’re using Reclaim’s upgrade system, I guess.

So let’s get things straight: you can run these sites on the older version, and it’s just that the upgrade fails, right? If your current database contains the item_site table, that means this database has been partially upgraded before. That’s why I suggested you move to an earlier backup before you tried to upgrade. You say that was a long time ago and you’ve done lots of work since then, so, there’s another option: undo the partial upgrades before trying to upgrade again.

Definitely make a backup of your database before trying this, though. Or work only from a clone, presuming that means it’s a totally separate copy of the database.

Judging from your latest error message, the place to start would be to remove the “item_site” table.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.