Configuring ImageMagick (already working) automatically from every new installation

Hi there,

ImageMagick is working on my server propertly, but I’d like to make it automatically available for every new installation (I create a new vhost for every instance…). ‘convert’ is installed in /usr/bin but I cannot figure out how to configure this so that the user does not have to go to Configuration and set the path manually; my users are very basic skilled.

I’d like to avoid hardcoding. I’ve tried to uncomment the following line in config.ini but it does not work as I expect.

fileDerivatives.strategy = “Omeka_File_Derivative_Strategy_ExternalImageMagick”

Thank you very much.

One way at it might be to switch from Omeka_File_Derivative_Strategy_ExternalImageMagick to Omeka_File_Derivative_Strategy_IMagick.

That’ll tell Omeka to use the PHP IMagick library, assuming that’s also installed on your vhost. It behaves a little differently from using convert, but might do the trick with minimal hardcoding.

That said, it seems like that’s the path Omeka usually expects for convert, so there might be another quirk in our autodetection.

If you set

options.path_to_convert="/usr/bin"

in application/config/config.ini, it should automatically set the ImageMagick path.

It is a little odd that it can’t find it automatically on install: that usually means that /usr/bin isn’t in the PATH environment var for the user PHP runs as or that you’re using something like php-fpm and not making the PATH variable available to PHP.

Thank you, John. That worked.

Kind regards.