Collections not available for editor

For a user with site permissions as editor, collections created and added to the site’s ressource pool by a global administrator AFTER the creation of the user in question are visible under Ressources > Collections, but these collections are not available for the same editor when linking to an item is required.

Is this my misunderstanding of Omeka’s roles model or a technical problem?

Time of creation being before or after the user’s creation shouldn’t matter one way or the other anywhere in Omeka S.

I’m not sure I completely understand your situation you’re describing here. Where exactly are the collections (item sets?) available/visible, and where are they not?

Well, time of creation indeed was a pure coincidence.

The “invisible” item sets created and added to the site’s ressource pool by a global administrator AFTER the creation of the user in question were marked as “Closed to additions” by default.

Could it be that I changed the default settings - and where can I change them back, so item set default conforms to “Open to additions”?

The default is currently always “closed,” there’s not a setting right now to change that default.