Collecting module - add prompt side bar not appearing

Hi Everyone

We have installed the Collecting module version 1.0.0 in our Omeka S v1.0.1.

Has anyone encountered a problem with the Add Prompt sidebar in the Collecting module when using the latest version of Chrome (Version 64.0.3282.140 (Official Build) (64-bit))?? The Add Prompt sider drawer with dropdown menu isn’t appearing when we are in Chrome Browser V 64.0.3282.140. Oddly, the Add Prompt side drawer does work in Chrome browser V 63.0.3239.132.

In both Chrome browser versions we get an error message when we open the page (public view) where we added the Collecting form. Error message - “Omeka S encountered an error”

Has anyone else experienced this problem? We thought changing browsers might work however the Add Prompt sidebar also did not work in Explorer or Firefox.

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers
Libby

Strange. The sidebar opens for me in Chrome 64.0.3282.140. It’s even more perplexing that it will open for you in an earlier Chrome version. Are you getting a JavaScript error when attempting to open the sidebar? Check your browser’s debugger.

As for the error on the public side, enable and check your error logs: https://omeka.org/s/docs/user-manual/errorLogging/

Hi Jim
Thanks for this information.
Cheers
Libby

Hi there,

I’m the systems person that works with Libby on OmekaS and I had a look at this issue today.

I noticed that it could not find the file sortable.js. It is looking for it at ./application/asset/js/sortable.js, but at some point this has been moved to ./application/asset/vendor/sortablejs/Sortable.min.js

I believe this might be from the Collecting module, which we have activated.
The current version of this is: 1.0.0-beta2 .

I found in the file ./modules/Collecting/view/collecting/site-admin/form/form.phtml a reference to the previous location of the sortable.js.

I’ve had a quick look and I can’t find the repository for this module to make sure we have the up to date version and/or post an issue report.

(The reason it is working on one persons computer, is it has cached the sortable.js from a previous working state of the application).

Cheers,
Monica.

Try installing the latest version (1.0.0) and see if that fixes things. https://omeka.org/s/modules/Collecting/

Thanks Jim,

I found the module and updated it and the issue is now resolved.

Cheers!

Hi Jim

I am testing the collecting module on our Omeka S site and everything is working wonderfully until I get to managing the collected Items in the Site Admin/Collecting/ Collected Items tab.

The uploaded images submitted via the Collecting form on the Site appears under media. No other collected metadata is appearing, instead I have the following error message.

Error
Call to undefined method Omeka\Api\Response::isError()

Details:

Error: Call to undefined method Omeka\Api\Response::isError() in /var/www/html/modules/FedoraConnector/Module.php:111
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(322): FedoraConnector\Module->showSource(Object(Zend\EventManager\Event))
#1 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(171): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\EventManager\Event))
#2 /var/www/html/application/src/View/Helper/Trigger.php(61): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEvent(Object(Zend\EventManager\Event))
#3 [internal function]: Omeka\View\Helper\Trigger->__invoke(‘view.show.after’)
#4 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/Renderer/PhpRenderer.php(397): call_user_func_array(Object(Omeka\View\Helper\Trigger), Array)
#5 /var/www/html/application/view/omeka/admin/item/show.phtml(85): Zend\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer->__call(‘trigger’, Array)
#6 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/Renderer/PhpRenderer.php(505): include(’/var/www/html/a…’)
#7 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/View.php(207): Zend\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer->render(NULL)
#8 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/View.php(236): Zend\View\View->render(Object(Zend\View\Model\ViewModel))
#9 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/View.php(200): Zend\View\View->renderChildren(Object(Zend\View\Model\ViewModel))
#10 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/View/Http/DefaultRenderingStrategy.php(105): Zend\View\View->render(Object(Zend\View\Model\ViewModel))
#11 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(322): Zend\Mvc\View\Http\DefaultRenderingStrategy->render(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#12 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(171): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#13 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Application.php(367): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEvent(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#14 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Application.php(348): Zend\Mvc\Application->completeRequest(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#15 /var/www/html/index.php(21): Zend\Mvc\Application->run()
#16 {main}

Do you have any advice as to how to fix this.

Many thanks

Libby

It appears the error is coming from the FedoraConnector module. Try disabling FedoraConnector and see if that fixes the problem. You may be using an outdated version of FedoraConnector.

Hi Jim

Uninstalling FedoraConnector worked a treat and all is looking great! Thanks so much for your help, as always it is very much appreciated.

We are almost there with our install and site build. Fingers crossed we will shortly be able to share our live instance with you, Patrick, and the rest of the Omeka S community.

Cheers
Libby