Change Creator with Author

Dear Omeka Community

I wanna ask how to change creator with author.

see this picture

Thanks

For that, you’d need to copy the application/views/scripts/common/record-metadata.php file into your theme’s common folder. Then, after this line

<?php foreach ($setElements as $elementName => $elementInfo): ?>

add

if ($elementName == 'Creator') {
    $elementName = 'Author';
}

thank you for the answer

I tried this and included the string in a new line beneath the line you mentioned. It is not working, but on item public show page, the string is appearing below each element data. please help

Could you clarify where it is, and is not working? For example, on the admin side, I would not be surprised if it isn’t being applied – that would require more significant changes to the core files. It sounds like it is working on the public side, though? If the site is public, a link to it will help.

I copied the record-metadata.php into default theme’s common folder (one in which header and footer files are). Editing the copied file, I found the following line
<?php foreach ($setElements as $elementName => $elementInfo): ?>
and
in a blank line below that line copied and pasted the following:
if ($elementName == ‘Creator’) {
** $elementName = ‘Author’;**
}
after doing this, I saved the file. I checked my website public page and noted that the “Creator” has not changed to “Author” rather webpage is displaying as shown here

That looks like you just need to put the code inside the <?php>...<?> tags:

<?php
if ($elementName == 'Creator') {
    $elementName = 'Author';
}

?>

Ah! thanks for answer

Many thanks, one more query on it.
besides the above, what do I need to do for changing “Date” to “Publication Date” on the same site?

Just follow exactly the same pattern:

<?php
if ($elementName == 'Date') {
    $elementName = 'Publication Date';
}

?>

It is done. Thanks for guidance.