Cannot import items into Neatline exhibit

I’m having difficulty with an Omeka Neatline exhibit. I’ve already imported 124 items into it with no problems. A couple weeks later I went to add another batch of about 65 items to the exhibit. I get the “The item import was successfully started!” message but nothing happens. No errors are displaying in the GUI. Once this started happening I tried importing just one of the items, and importing the items into a new, empty exhibit, and got the same result.

We have not run any updates on the site since the last time I successfully imported items into the exhibit, and are using Omeka 2.4.1 with Neatline 2.5.1. SIMILE is enabled on the exhibit, but we’re not using any other Neatline add-ons.

Has anyone else run into a problem like this or have suggestions for where we might look for the source of the problem?

Hi @njdwhite, there are a couple of things to look into. First, if you open the developer tools in your browser, are there any error messages in the javascript console?

Second, do you have error reporting turned on for the Omeka site as a whole? If not, you might try turning that on and checking in the browser or in the server error logs.

If you’re not getting any error messages in either place, we’ll have to think about what else to try.

Nothing at all in the console. The error log is empty, even though logging is enabled in config.ini and permissions are set to let www write to the file. That definitely seems wrong - I’m sure something at some point in the life of the site should have thrown an error. I’m checking to see with our system admin if anything might be keeping it from writing to the error log.

Same issue, a year on. No other posts in the forum, so bumping this to see what you guys did.
Neatline 2.6.1 with Omeka Classic 2.5.1. Not importing items. Item has date 1925-01-01 in several date fields. Test install. No items are importing; the neatline records table is empty.
No errors in browser console, success message appears when debugging exceptions and logging set to true

[FlashMessenger] => Array
        (
            [default] => Array
                (
                    [0] => Array
                        (
                            [message] => The item import was successfully started!
                            [status] => success
                        )
                )
        )

Not sure if something here in the routing data might indicate the issue

default	true	neatline/exhibits/browse/admin/1
id	false	Could not assemble: id is not specified
page	false	Could not assemble: page is not specified
pluginInstall	false	Could not assemble: name is not specified
exhibitAction	false	exhibits/browse/admin/1/module/neatline
exhibitBase	false	Could not assemble: page is not specified
exhibitStandard	false	Could not assemble: id is not specified
exhibitSimple	false	Could not assemble: slug is not specified
exhibitShow	false	Could not assemble: slug is not specified
exhibitItem	false	Could not assemble: slug is not specified
exhibitBrowse	false	Could not assemble: page is not specified
neatline	false	Could not assemble: slug is not specified
neatlineFullscreen	false	Could not assemble: slug is not specified
neatlineAction	false	neatline
neatlineActionId	false	Could not assemble: id is not specified
neatlineExhibitsId	false	Could not assemble: id is not specified
neatlineRecords	false	neatline/records
neatlineRecordsId	false	Could not assemble: id is not specified
neatlineItemsId	false	Could not assemble: id is not specified

Quite a bit seems to be missing. I had a Php-CLI path issue earlier, which seems to have resolved. But perhaps that’s not the case.