Can I make items on different z-levels different colours?

Hi all,

We have a map/exhibit with overlapping layers, and I would really like to have the top z-levels selected with different colours to aid navigation, however every time I change the style of one record it makes a global change to the whole exhibit.

I’ve not been able to find anything in the help files and am hoping someone else has solved the same problem.

Thanks,
Kirsty

Which plugins are you using to build this exhibit?

Hi,
At the moment the only extra plugin we’re using for the exhibit is the WayPoints one. If there’s another one we can use to achieve our desired effects that would be great news!
Thanks,
Kirsty

Hi kirsty.lock,

You can have different color annotations for different z-levels so long as those annotation are in different Neatline items. Any map annotation made on a single Neatline item will carry the color/outline/etc. characteristics defined in that record.

Unless, of course, you’ve discovered a new bug for us. Which version of Omeka and Neatline do you have installed?

Thanks,
Ronda

Hi Ronda,

Apologies for the delayed reply, I missed the notification somehow.

I can confirm that I am editing distinct Neatline map items, however saving style changes converts all items on the map to that style, not just the one I am working on. We are using version 2.5.1 of Neatline.

Thanks,
Kirsty

Thanks Kirsty.

That’s behavior that I’ve not seen before. Is there any way that I could get a login for this Omeka site with admin privileges? I’d like to poke around a bit myself. If that’s possible, please email me at rag9b (at) virginia.edu. Thanks!

I’m also sending this to our R&D team, since they may have seen it before.

Ronda