Bug is deleting items

Hello,

Recently, I’ve been encountering a bug that just deletes items. It does this by deleting the file associated with the item on its own, then somehow deleting all of the metadata associated with the item until only a relation link is left. So far, all of the items that have been deleted were all downloaded onto the site using the ContentDM Link plugin. We have been trying to use this plugin to download items from our library’s online archives, but the files themselves have not been able to download. So, what we’ve been doing is downloading the files onto the items. After doing this, everything would be fine and would work. For some reason, however, a day or two later, items would just start getting “deleted” and become unusable. Is there some kind of reaction going on with downloading files onto items that were imported with the ContentDM Link plugin? And also, is there a way to recover items lost in this way?

Thank you for any feedback.

Hi there,

Can you let us know what version of Omeka Classic you’re using and what plugins you have installed?

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for responding. We are currently using Omeka Classic version 2.5. We wanted to test out plugins, so unfortunately we have a lot. The ones hat are installed are: Admin Images, contentDmLink, Cions, Collection tree, contribution, css editor, CVS import, dropbox, Dublin core extended, exhibit builder, geolocation, guest user, hide elements, history log, item order, neatline, neatline features, neatline waypiont, neatline simile, pdf embed, search by metadata, shortcode caurosel, simple contact form, simple pages, and simple vocab.

Hope this helps.

Hi there,
Thanks for using the Content DM Link plugin. I tracked down the problem you are experiencing, and it looks like the Content DM plugin was to blame. My apologies; an experimental new feature which caused bugs was accidentally included in the last publicly released version of this plugin. The problem is fixed in a new version of the plugin I just released. If you download version 1.5 of the plugin, it should fix this problem.

One of the experimental new features allows items imported from Content DM to automatically sync with (import changes from) their corresponding content DM items at regularly intervals. Because this feature was incompletely developed, it could cause item metadata and files to be deleted if the link to the ContentDM collection were broken. This is no doubt what you were experiencing. This feature should not have been included in the publicly released version of the plugin, and is disabled in the newly released version. All you have to do is upgrade to disable this broken feature completely.