Browse item sets preview

Hi there,

When I use the custom link “Browse Item Sets”, the results include the title and the whole description. However most of my descriptions are very long, which doesn’t facilitate reading as they are too much information.

Is it possible to have only titles and/or abstracts for this custom link “Browse Item Sets”?

Thank you for your help.

All best,

Marine

Hi Marine

In your site settings, you should be able to select the properties displayed in the title and the description of those lists. Default is set to Dublin Core Title and Description, but you can select the properties of your choice, or select an unused property to leave it empty.

Best regards

Laurent

Dear Laurent,

Thank you for your answer. I have already tried this option, it works for the Items but not the Item sets. Do you see anywhere else I should look to find a way to shorten the “Browse Item Sets” display properties please? Thank you for your precious help!

Best wishes,

Marine

I think you can create (or edit) omeka/site/item-set/browse.phtml partial in your theme.

Is there a list of elements that can be pulled in? For instance in this part:

<?php if ($body): ?>
        <div class="description"><?php echo $body; ?></div>
        <?php endif; ?>

I want to pull in the dc:creator and not the description. What is the right way of modifying this template?

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.