Blank Admin/Website Pages

Hello!

I’ve upgraded Omeka to the latest version using Softaculous, but I seem to have lost the ability to access my website’s admin page or any content on my website (my background image is the only thing that appears when you visit the site). The files seem to still exist, and the error log I’ve pulled indicates the following:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function iconv_strlen() in /home/streetar/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Validate/Hostname.php on line 1823

However, I’m unsure of how exactly to resolve this problem even with this information (another user experienced a similar problem, but I wasn’t sure how to implement the solution they highlighted: Omeka Admin Page Doesn't Display). For reference, I’ve included a screenshot of the blank admin page below:

Your PHP installation is missing the iconv extension. I don’t know what your server setup is but you should be able to install it or get it installed.

Thank you John! This problem seems mostly resolved so I’m able to access more of my website, but it looks like I’m running into a new problem where all of the links and admin options redirect to a 404 page:

I’ve looked at the error log, and it looks like the following was highlighted, but I’m not entirely sure how it can be resolved:

[04-Sep-2019 00:44:36 UTC] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for mh_seo_pagetitle(), called in /home/streetar/public_html/themes/curatescape/common/header.php on line 34 and defined in /home/streetar/public_html/themes/curatescape/custom.php on line 26
[04-Sep-2019 00:44:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class ‘Tour’ not found in /home/streetar/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Db/Table.php on line 682

You’re having a variety of problems all at once here… did you move between servers or something like that?

The “basic Apache” 404 error page you’re seeing is usually a mod_rewrite or .htaccess issue: likely that the Omeka .htaccess file that should be in the root of the site’s folder is missing, or that the server’s Apache configuration doesn’t have AllowOverride set.

The error about the “Tour” class looks like it’s specific to Curatescape… possibly that a Curatescape plugin is not active when it should be? It looks like something in that ballpark.

I began running into problems when I tried to upgrade Omeka (the version I was running was quite old before the upgrade, which might be a contributing factor).

And thank you! The 404 page problem seems to be fixed (I believe the problem was with the .htaccess file) so the only outstanding problem I’m running into is the Tour class, which I can look into further.