404 Error when updating records -- record seems to save but error page shown

Hello,

I’m getting an error page when saving records – and and all records. Ultimately the records are being saved, but an error message appears on the page.

Turning on development mode, I see the following:

I haven’t seen this error before and there isn’t any mention of it on the Omeka S forum. Instance is running on an Ubuntu 16.04 server, running PHP 7.4.

Have you guys seen this before?

SolrClientException: Unsuccessful update request : Response Code 404. <html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>

<title>Error 404 Not Found</title>

</head>

<body><h2>HTTP ERROR 404 Not Found</h2>

<table>

<tr><th>URI:</th><td>/solr/default/update/</td></tr>

<tr><th>STATUS:</th><td>404</td></tr>

<tr><th>MESSAGE:</th><td>Not Found</td></tr>

<tr><th>SERVLET:</th><td>default</td></tr>

</table>

</body>

</html>

in /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/modules/Solr/src/Indexer.php:171

Stack trace:

#0 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/modules/Solr/src/Indexer.php(171): SolrClient->addDocument()

#1 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/modules/Solr/src/Indexer.php(61): Solr\Indexer->addResource()

#2 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/modules/Search/Module.php(188): Solr\Indexer->indexResource()

#3 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Search\Module->updateSearchIndex()

#4 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(170): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners()

#5 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/application/src/Api/Manager.php(323): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEvent()

#6 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/application/src/Api/Manager.php(269): Omeka\Api\Manager->finalize()

#7 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/application/src/Api/Manager.php(136): Omeka\Api\Manager->execute()

#8 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/application/src/Mvc/Controller/Plugin/Api.php(152): Omeka\Api\Manager->update()

#9 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/application/src/Controller/Admin/ItemController.php(245): Omeka\Mvc\Controller\Plugin\Api->update()

#10 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(77): Omeka\Controller\Admin\ItemController->editAction()

#11 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch()

#12 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(178): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners()

#13 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractController.php(103): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil()

#14 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/DispatchListener.php(139): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch()

#15 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Laminas\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch()

#16 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(178): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners()

#17 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Application.php(331): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil()

#18 /var/www/ulsemdigital/htdocs/index.php(21): Laminas\Mvc\Application->run()

#19 {main}

The problem is related to Solr. It’s a 404, so just as a guess… maybe the Solr server is not running?

I’ve checked that Solr is running by checking the process, and when browsing to port 8983 on the host and Solr comes up as expected.

Is there anything else I can check?

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.