403 Forbidden in Omeka S

Hello
When I install omeka s, I have these error

403 Forbidden
Omeka\Permissions\Exception\PermissionDeniedException: Permission denied for the current user to access the index action of the Omeka\Controller\Install controller. in /var/www/html/application/Module.php:395
Stack trace:
0 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(271): Omeka\Module->authorizeUserAgainstController(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
1 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(151): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
2 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractController.php(105): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
3 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/DispatchListener.php(119): Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch(Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Request), Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Response))
4 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(271): Zend\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
5 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(151): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
6 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Application.php(332): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
7 /var/www/html/index.php(17): Zend\Mvc\Application->run()
8 {main}

thanks
gus

It looks like you might be trying to go back to the installer when Omeka S is already installed.

If you want to install again, you need to drop all the Omeka S tables (or create a new empty database and point to that in your database configuration file).

Hello
Today I download the new version of Omeka -s and I have these error

Error: Call to undefined function xml_parser_create_ns() in /var/www/html/vendor/easyrdf/easyrdf/lib/EasyRdf/Parser/RdfXml.php:86
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/vendor/easyrdf/easyrdf/lib/EasyRdf/Parser/RdfXml.php(796): EasyRdf_Parser_RdfXml->initXMLParser()
#1 /var/www/html/vendor/easyrdf/easyrdf/lib/EasyRdf/Graph.php(234): EasyRdf_Parser_RdfXml->parse(Object(EasyRdf_Graph), ‘parse(‘parseFile(’/var/www/html/a…’, ‘rdfxml’, ‘http://purl.org…’)
#4 /var/www/html/application/src/Service/RdfImporter.php(76): Omeka\Service\RdfImporter->getGraph(‘file’, ‘http://purl.org…’, Array)
#5 /var/www/html/application/src/Service/RdfImporter.php(93): Omeka\Service\RdfImporter->getMembers(‘file’, ‘http://purl.org…’, Array)
#6 /var/www/html/application/src/Installation/Task/InstallDefaultVocabulariesTask.php(74): Omeka\Service\RdfImporter->import(‘file’, Array, Array)
#7 /var/www/html/application/src/Installation/Installer.php(68): Omeka\Installation\Task\InstallDefaultVocabulariesTask->perform(Object(Omeka\Installation\Installer))
#8 /var/www/html/application/src/Controller/InstallController.php(49): Omeka\Installation\Installer->install()
#9 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(78): Omeka\Controller\InstallController->indexAction()
#10 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(271): Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#11 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(151): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#12 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractController.php(105): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#13 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/DispatchListener.php(119): Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch(Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Request), Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Response))
#14 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(271): Zend\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#15 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(151): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#16 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Application.php(332): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#17 /var/www/html/index.php(17): Zend\Mvc\Application->run()
#18 {main}

I created a new empty databases and database configuration file

Hmmm…that function that’s listed in the error seems surprising. What version of PHP are you running?

PHP 7.0.8-0ubuntu0.16.04.3 (cli) ( NTS )
Copyright © 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright © 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.8-0ubuntu0.16.04.3, Copyright © 1999-2016, by Zend Technologies

Might be that the xml package didn’t get included in the PHP7 upgrade. Something like this, if you have the server permissions, might do it. Otherwise, ask your server admin to make sure it is available.

sudo apt-get install php7.0-xml

ok, thanks very much,
I install php7.0-xml

but when I access
I have these error

Email or password is invalid

Hello there,
I got the same problems at Omeka S installation, when submitting the installation form:

• First the error message in red:
    There were errors during installation.
    Invalid path to file.
  • If I try to submit again, I arrive at 403 Forbidden first mentioned: seems logical because we try to install Omeka S when it is already installed, as jflatnes pointed out

• Then if I try to access my project with localhost/my_project, I get:

0 results
Go to the Admin Dashboard to start working with Omeka S.
  • And clicking on the link provided to go to Admin Dashboard, I arrive to the login panel, I give my e-mail address and the password I previously chose but I get

Email or password is invalid

And no-email is sent. Thank you in advance for your help :slight_smile:

Just an update for those coming accross the same problems:
-On Windows, I still could not make Omeka S function locally, but the installation worked on the the server with the following steps, similar to what you advised to juliewood here: https://forum.omeka.org/t/install-omeka-s/2249/10:

• First I got a totally white page

• Then I changed the first line in the .htaccess hidden file to
    SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV "development"

• I got a syntax error, even though the server was using PHP 5.6.30 by default

• I changed the php version to 7.0.1 for this project, and it worked.

-On Linux, after the install I ran into the same problem of Email or password is invalid and no-email sent, I solved it by creating a new database and editing the database.ini file.